Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Owl Post


I had the best weekend with girlfriends. Bagels, shopping, spilling of guts - just what girlfriends are for. Shopping is especially awesome when there is nothing in particular you are looking for, and POW, amazing pieces and killer deals practically fall into your lap. This fur collar surplus jacket was probably my biggest find. As something I've been casually keeping my eye out for, its interesting details - asymmetrical zipper, elasticized waist to keep it from being boxy, removable fur collar - fulfilled every desire I could have for such an item. And on clearance? Score!

Fur Collar Surplus Jacket - Ecote (Urban Outfitters) / Owl Print Chiffon Tank - Pins & Needles (Urban Outfitters) /
Refined denim skirt - Lane Bryant

This is definitely a new look for me, though. Well, the pencil skirt + boots + jacket is a formula I know and love well... but the fur collar surplus jacket thing itself, not to mention the whole owl print thing (a phenomenon in everything from tanks to housewares), is a look I've been daring myself to rock out. So when both of these items crossed my path, I knew there's be no better time to give it a try.

Tights ("Rust") - We Love Colors / Skinny purple belt - The Limited / Suede taupe boots - Nine West (via Amazon.com) /
Handbag - Tano "Minilisa" in Blue Marine

I have to say that the owl print grew on me pretty fast. I love that the owls alternate between upside down and right side up (they are just too cute), and the colors in the top are great to work with. Pulling out any one (or more) of them is so easy with accessories! Hence the fabulous orange tights (I'm totally a We Love Colors believer now, though I think I could have sized down!) and purple belt...

Earrings - LOFT / Ring - Banana Republic (eBayed)

Tomorrow? I sure am featuring the jacket again...

6 comments:

  1. ahh loveeeeeee the owls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. I love this. I especially love the jacket and skirt together. SO PERFECT and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog! It's fantastic! I really like this outfit. Love the owls and the rust tights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy cute owls!!! I die for this top. RIGHT NOW! and I'm pining after Rust tights!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!