Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Budding Romance


Sunday: Not fully recovered, but another day of getting dressed for the sake of getting dressed. (Work, of course.) I felt like it was a pencil skirt kind of day, but nothing too extravagant. A sandy neutral skirt, a cute little chiffon ruffled shell and a brightly colored cardigan was just what the (style) doctor ordered.

Cardigan - Banana Republic / Shell - Old Navy / Pencil skirt - Eloquii /
Heels -Gabriella Rocha (via Zappos.com)  

The shell is a recent purhase from Old Navy, of all places. I rarely have any good luck in there - their fit is wonky on me and I rarely like their cuts or prints. But this top (and another in a cute butterfly print I'm sure I'll wear soon) really caught my eye. It's such a pretty spring flower bud print and has a nice ruffle detail at the collar and side panels. I figured it would be a great top tucked in with pencil skirts and worn with a nice cardigan, and I was not disappointed.

Handbag - Tano "Minilisa"

So is spring yet? And can I please stop coughing now?

Ring - TJ Maxx / Earrings - The Limited / Necklace - LOFT


4 comments:

  1. That skirt looks amazing on you. Hugs your curves very nicely.
    Niki
    www.fashionatforty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt looks great with the pointy-toed shoes! great outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit, interesting way of working a light skirt into a winter wardrobe. 

    Old Navy is usually wack but me and every other woman in my yoga class swears by their yoga pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do agree with you on the yoga pants front. i have about 6 pairs from them and they really are divine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!